Replacing a Destroyed or Lost Certificate – Hungary

If a certificate recognized by the state gets destroyed or lost, the Accreditation Centre for Foreign Language Examinations of the Educational Authority issues a duplicate (official verification) upon the request of the candidate. In the process a new certificate is not issued. Further information can be found here:

If an international ECL certificate gets destroyed or lost, the Examination Centre issues a new duplicate certificate. Application for duplicate certificates must be submitted directly to the Examination Centre and a check-stub or a receipt of payment must be attached.

Fee for reproducing an international certificate: 4000 HUF

Documents to be submitted:

  • proof of payment covering the fee for reproducing the certificate

Bank transfer:

  • Beneficiary account no: OTP 11731001-23135378
  • Name of beneficiary: Pécsi Tudományegyetem
  • Details of payment:150126 ECL lost certificate/name of candidate

Submission process:

  • by post (PTE Idegen Nyelvi Központ, 7624 Pécs, Damjanich u. 30.)
  • personally at the customer service office of the ECL Examination Centre (PTE Idegen Nyelvi Központ, 7624 Pécs, Damjanich u. 30.)
  • via e-mail (

The process of reproduction begins when all the documents are received. Handling time is 30 days after reception of the necessary documents.